1) Asymmetrical Lengths- This year the runways and fashion magazines have been filled with dresses and skirts that are of different length from front to back. These are often called Hi-Lo dresses/skirts. These are a lovely departure from the usual skirts and dresses that we have been seeing from the many seasons. So if you are bold enough to wear something interesting then this is surely for you.
2) Jumpsuits and Rompers- Fashion Divas like Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone have been seen at events wearing rompers. Although somewhat masculine, these are comfortable pieces that still somehow manage to look chic. However, there is a right body type for this and not everyone will be able to pull this off. So chose wisely based on your body...
3) Print Blocking - Last winters popular trend of color blocking has pioneered this seasons print blocking fashion. Print blocking involves the mixing of two or more prints into an outfit. While Fashion Gurus in past seasons have discouraged mixing prints, this season it will be a hot style. What prints would you love to mix?
4) Ageless White- White is the color of peace and serenity, and it never ever goes out of style. This is another safe color that a lot of people love to wear. The Fashion Designers of Fashion Verse know this and every year they include white in their summer collections. So whether you wear a white dress, a white churidaar, or white jeans - know that you look trendy!! Remember its how well you carry it.
5) Kaftans - Even boutiques in the small cities all over India are custom designing kaftans for the ladies this year. Yes , and they are popular in any color you want with beads and other accessories to match. It doesn't matter what size you are because they have a loose, flowy, feminine air about them so they look good on all women!!
6) Lace - 2012 also brings the revival of a personal favorite - lace!! Lace can be white/cream or it can be dyed to a desired color. Lace is dreamy, flirty and adds an instant touch of femininity to any outfit. So a lace embellished top is a must have in any wardrobe because it can uplift a pair of jeans or it can be used to balance out those leather pants or that rocker jacket. This year lace is being used abundantly to rev up the salwar kameez look.
7) Evergreen Black - Black is a boon to Womankind. No matter what your size, color, shape, or stature - YOU CAN WEAR BLACK!!. Yes, this is a color that you cannot go wrong with. It slims you out, and it makes you look good even on your worst outfit day. Investing in some balck pants, black tights, a few black tops is a good idea for those days when you want to put minimal effort yet still look presentable.
8) Pakistani Fashion inspired Outfits -This year we saw the runways, Bollywood functions and events infiltrated by a host of long ( floor length ) traditional dresses. These styles are straight from Pakistan fashion houses that are now adapted for Indian women. These are flowy, non tight and very elegant dare I say !!! From Bollywood they have now been seen in boutiques and shops everywhere in North India and other cosmopolitan cities.
9) Chiffons -Pleated chiffon tops, dresses and skirts covered the magazines and shelves in the store this summer. This is another very feminine and chic look, but again it may not be for everybody. A lot of replicas were created to mimic the popular chiffon look straight from the runway. However, the quality will be compromised because real chiffon should be nice and soft to touch. If you want the look but don't want to shell out all the money - its better to find a cheaper version of chiffon at a local market rather than a branded shop.
10) Mint Green - Spring 2012 saw a surge in the color mint green for all the major fashion houses. This color has continued well into the summer. Major brands like Kapsons, Benetton, Madame, and Tommy Hilfiger etc all carried summer apparel like shorts, tank tops, t-shirts and skirts in a minty green. This is a unique color that is usually not readily available, so its worthwhile to invest in one piece of clothing in this lovely color.